Flanker Press is a book publishing company located in Paradise, Newfoundland and Labrador. As the province’s most active publisher of trade books, the company averages 15-20 new titles per year, with a heavy emphasis on regional non-fiction and historical fiction.
Flanker Press is looking for a dedicated candidate to fill a marketing & sales coordinator position. This is a full-time (35 hours/week) position with some overtime required.
The start date is June 19th, 2023, starting salary is $29,120.00 annually.
The ideal candidate would have excellent communication and organizational skills and have experience in sales.
The marketing & sales coordinator position is an in-house position that involves working with individual customers, media, and stores and distributors that carry Flanker Press titles. The marketing & sales coordinator works closely with the marketing representative, digital and social media coordinator to promote and sell Flanker Press titles and with the shipper/receiver to ensure that orders are processed quickly and efficiently. The position also involves organizing and attending book signings, both during the workweek and on weeknights and weekends as needed, coordinating title distribution, arranging for delivery of new titles to media for review, and coordinating with the publisher select titles to be submitted for awards.
- Field general customer and author inquiries
- Process orders and payments
- Liaise with stores about newly released books and inventory
- Meet with authors to create marketing & sales for new releases
- Schedule and attend book signings, including set-up and tear-down when required
- Create and send company mailings
- Press Releases
- Post-secondary education (publishing diploma would be an asset)
- Experience in sales (bookselling experience would be an asset)
- Demonstrated computer proficiency, obtained either through education or previous work experience, including a thorough knowledge of and experience with Microsoft Office suite, WordPress or comparable web software, Sage Accounting, and MailChimp.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Great interpersonal skills
- Strong organizational and time-management skills, ability to multi-task and juggle several projects at once
- Good eye for detail
- Knowledge of and experience in the Canadian publishing industry an asset
- A valid driver’s license and access to own vehicle
Interested candidates should email firstname.lastname@example.org by June 9th, 2023, with a cover letter and resumé attached as a PDF. The subject line of the email should be: Marketing & Sales Coordinator Position, followed by your first and last name.
Flanker Press thanks all applicants for their interest. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.