Flanker Press Seeks Marketing and Publicity Coordinator
Position: Marketing Publicity Coordinator
Job type: Full-time – Temporary ( Maternity Leave )
Location: Paradise, NL
Flanker Press is a book publishing company located in Paradise, Newfoundland and Labrador. As the province’s most active publisher of trade books, the company averages twenty new titles per year, with a heavy emphasis on regional non-fiction and historical fiction.
Flanker Press is looking for a dedicated candidate to fill a Marketing and Publicity Coordinator position. This is a full-time (35 hours/week) temporary (maternity leave replacement) position with some overtime required. The anticipated start will be "as soon as possible" and the expected termination date is December 06, 2019. The salary is based upon $30,000 per annum.
The ideal candidate would have excellent communication and organizational skills, and have previous experience in Marketing and Publicity.
Duties and responsibilities:
• Handling outreach to media, the public, the education sector and specialty retailers
• Coordinating media pitches, book launches, and award submissions
• Providing website updates, social media accounts and media contacts
• Actively working to enhance the profile of the company and its authors
• Managing and monitoring metadata
• Post-Secondary Education ( Media – Marketing – an asset)
• A good working knowledge of publishing in Newfoundland & Canada
• Experienced with broadcast and print media, marketing, and social media
• Versatile with Microsoft software and able to learn other specific programs
• Outgoing, energetic, organized, focused, accurate, engaged and deadline-oriented
• Excellent written and oral communication skills • Great interpersonal skills
• Strong organizational and time-management skills, ability to multi-task and juggle several projects at once is a must!
Please submit cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date: June 21, 2019
Flanker Press thanks all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.